Sports Medicine in San Antonio
Ortho San Antonio is proud to have a sports medicine team that consists of board certified orthopedic surgeons and primary care sports medicine physicians. Our team has had years of extensive training and continuous education in the sports medicine field. Our team is on the sidelines during the games and in the clinic the morning after to ensure all athletes have access to the best care.
What Is A Sports Medicine Physician?
Our Sports Medicine Physicians have fellowship training in sports medicine in addition to their medical education. That means that an additional 1 to 2 years of hands on training with the leaders of sports medicine to learn how to safely and effectively prevent and treat sports related injuries. Our team currently accepts patients from ages 9 to 99.
What Type Of Injuries Do We Treat?
- AC Joint Injuries
- Acute Injuries
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Articular Cartilage Injuries
- Back to the Game Protocols
- Chronic Conditions
- Contusions (bruises)
- Heat Illness
- Injury Prevention and Care
- Overuse Injuries
- Pitcher/Little League Elbow
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
- Postural Assessments
- Post Fracture Rehabilitation
- Pre/Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Strength and Conditioning Programs
- Tendinitis, Tendonosis, Tendosynovitis
- and More
When Should You Schedule An Appointment With A Sports Medicine Physician?
- Those experiencing pain or discomfort in their joints, muscles, or bones are welcome to come in for a consultation.
- In the event that you have recently sustained a strain, sprain, or any other soft tissue injury that concerns you, you should schedule a visit to determine what is causing the injury and how it can be treated.
- We can make a full assessment if you are suffering from tendonitis that just won't budge and initiate a rehabilitation protocol to help you return to pre-injury levels.
- If you keep falling and stumbling. We will address any muscle imbalances.
- If you are suffering from chronic neck, back, knee, or other pain.